Gaggenau, a small village in the Murgtal Valley, at the foot of the Black Forest. It's here that the company Gaggenau is founded in 1683 as an ironworks by Margrave Ludwig Wilhelm von Baden (1655–1707). He uses the iron ore deposits in the Murgtal Valley to open up new sources of income for the impoverished farmers, thus laying the foundation for the success story of the brand

With the ongoing industrialisation, a new chapter in the story of "Eisenwerke Gaggenau AG" begins. With a still small number of factory workers, the company manufactures agricultural machinery, metalware and tools.
As a specialist in enamel, Gaggenau produces advertising signs for brands such as Odol, Maggi and Stollwerck. The recipe for the company's robust oven enamel forms the basis for the success of its coal and gas-fired stoves, which continue to be manufactured until well into the 20th century.

The product range adapts to the new century. Gaggenau takes on a pioneering role with a range of innovative products, including coal and gas-fired stoves, but also bicycles. By 1908, Gaggenau has sold a total of 250,000 "Badenia" bicycles.

When Dr. Otto von Blanquet takes over the reins, the company shifts its focus to coal and gas-fired stoves and produces its first electric stoves, making cooking safer and more convenient.